8.23.2007

Work hard, play harder


I finally beat the heat on Sunday and to the Padres game in San Diego. Mike, Bob and I saw some great ball and then walked all around the Gaslamp and the beach. It was great weather and by the end of the day (walking barefoot on the beach at sunset after chowing down some AWESOME pizza) we all wanted to move there. I still think it'd be sweet if one of us got a place there, then we'd eliminate all hotel fees because there'd be someone to stay with in the desert AND near the beach. Anyway, we stayed in the best hotel ever on Pacific Beach and didn't want to leave the next morning. Good times.
Definitely looking forward to leaving the desert again, but life is picking up big time with triathlons and 5Ks coming. I guess we'll see what happens. The waters are calming a bit after it seemed everything was falling apart, which I'm happy about. Things can only get better after such a rough patch. Lots of decisions to make about what I'll spend my time doing - there are a lot of different directions to go at this point. Would have been cool to go home for a little while, but a little glad I didn't - still, I'm really bummed I have to miss the state fair.
I hate being an ambitious, ADD hippie sometimes!

No comments: