3.05.2010

Katie does Tucson, Arizona

Today I was pleasantly suprised by Frontier Airlines. If you want to leave on time, on a plane that is not overbooked, and return on time, I recommend the airline.

Priorities: A) two fish tacos from Rubio's, B) a grilled chicken pita from Jack in the box, and C) get outside and get hiking (photos to follow).

I was also relieved that the cheap hotel I found doesn't suck. It's right by the road, but the other side of the room has a door and window that lead out to a balcony near the pool. For $40 a night, I think that's good. Plus I have cable, and after a day of driving around 100 miles around town, walking for two hours downtown and getting up at 4AM, I'm down for laying low.

I'm in Tucson for the USA Triathlon Race Director Certification. Learning a lot!

While here, I checked out University of Arizona campus eateries and shops, a rest stop that provided great hiking and views, and the Arizona-Senora Desert Museum. The shops were okay, not sure where I found that rest stop though! I did meet some New Yorkers admiring mountain as well, and we chatted for awhile before I hit up the museum.

I do recommend the certification for my race director buddies. It was a decent source of networking, but I learned a great deal from others about races around the country, and can't wait to get my own going.

1 comment:

Mike Foley said...

I think you need to look into gecoache races and adventure races. I think you'd be really into that!