12.30.2006

Snow!

Mike and I were going out for coffee (in his new car!) and decided to take our coffee through the mountains. I figured there might be snow, but didn't know it would be bright white and beautiful up there!

We stopped to play in the snow a few times, and I built a snowman.

We drove some more and caught up. At another point we stopped to look at the valley with some other people.

All in all it was a very good adventure. I realized how much more I need to get out and do that, because every time I do, I come back feeling refreshed. I do border on being a workaholic, but my biggest new year's resolution is to get balance back. However, I am very much heading down a career track. I work because I need to - I have bills to pay, I can socialize and it's important to network. I feel that January will be my power month. I've got my resume into some very good people and some important opportunities are coming up. But along with that, I'm getting back on the triathlon/5K training and will do a 5K at the end of January. With that goal in mind, getting out for running will be easier. I want to maintain my relationships, keep putting energy into making my apartment better, pay down debt and make time for rest and relaxation.



What a weird year it's been though. Let's hope this year the waters calm a bit!

I hope everyone had a good holiday season and has a great, safe new year!

No comments: