12.08.2006

22 and old...

I've been 22 for almost six hours. At work, everyone is older than me, so I feel brand new. But in terms of what I've done in my life, I feel much older.

I did come home to a nice surprise from JP - a nice, clean home with the Christmas lights on with a song on the computer for me to play, and this nice note:

"Happy birthday, sweetheart! I hope your day is as wonderful as you are. I want you to know how special you are to me, and I hope to spend many more birthdays with you. XOXO."

Awww. What a sweetheart he is! It made me feel better since I've been feeling so down and homesick lately. Despite what's happening in my head, he's been there a lot for me - helped cure the flesh eating bacteria, walks Reese with me, surprises me by doing the dishes or making dinner, and his laugh is very contagious.

We got to spend two breaks together at work and celebrated with 'birthday cake', aka carrot cake from the employee cafeteria. And the other break, he got dinner and I stole bites of his cabbage rolls while talking about how much I missed my mom's cooking (hey, I can take his food today, it's my birthday!)

Who the hell knows why I'm in such a weird mood these past few days. With a guy like that, who could ask for anything more?

No comments: