11.18.2006

A crazy idea I conjured up

I had this great idea come to me when I woke this morning and thought it was so brilliant that I had to blog about it. It's about the most intelligent thing I've come up with since I wanted to build a big circular strip club in Rancho Mirage called 'Mirage Twah' Threesome.

I carry quite a bit of credit card debt from getting to California and not being able to get a job for awhile. I also finance a car and insurance. However, my apartment is about a mile away from one place of employment, five from the other and if I start at the fitness place it'd be about ten. But let's face it, I'd be so in shape it'd be ridiculous. So selling my car is a possibility. I get a decent interest rate on my car - not the case on my credit cards.

My great idea:

1) I sell my car for more than the remainder of my loan (CA cars cost more than WI cars) or at least what it is.
2) I pay the credit cards. I still have a few thou left.
3) I put that chunk into my auto loan and keep making payments. Of course, I save a huge amount not whoring myself out to the credit cards and can pay much more to get it paid off within a year or so. Of course, now my credit is much, MUCH better.
4) I keep working my ass off and saving/investing while I'm at it.
5) I rent a car if I need to get to Idyllwild or San Diego or home.
6) Down the line, I buy this:



That car is far more me I think. I don't know how all the title stuff would work out, plus canceling the insurance, but more financial freedom and being in shape by forcing myself to bike everywhere (we do have a bus system here as well) might be wise.

Sigh. I know not paying off my car right away isn't possible, but still. I'd totally live in that bus.

No comments: